The DOM is ready for launch
Comestri’s The DOM Channel is Now Live
Comestri has launched a channel for the newest player in the Australian marketplace space – Comestri’s The DOM Channel is now live!
The DOM (or Digital off-price mall) is a discount design fashion, streetwear and activewear marketplace divided into four precincts – Designer, Fashion, Streetwear and Activewear. To date they have signed around 200 brands with over 10,000 products live on site. Brands include; Lee Mathews, Academy Brand, Ellesse and The Upside.
Taking inspiration from the traditional “mall”, the Gen Z and Millennial targeted marketplace seeks to offer an “inspirational” and “elevated” shopping experience not commonly seen in off-price channels.
Key features of The DOM for brands include:
- The DOM platform will facilitate a brand direct relationship with the consumer, with product supply only coming direct from brands.
- Brands will control pricing, packaging, inventory, product assortment and fulfilment to the end customer
- Enable through market-leading technology, The DOM is low maintenance and light touch for brands, with easy integration allowing most brands to be live within hours.
- The DOM software identifies price changes on connected brand websites in order to publish promotional and event driven sale products, the platform will not sell full-price merchandise.
- The DOM will amplify tactical promotion and markdown activity to a new audience.
- The DOM will charge a low commission on any products sold through the site.
The DOM hopes to position itself as a next-generation retail channel, with Co-founder and CEO saying that The DOM “fulfils an unmet need by providing a plug & play channel where brands can directly manage their off-price with integrity.”