Marketplace & Carrier Updates
As the world changes with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, many marketplaces are adjusting their businesses accordingly. Below is a snapshot of current communications as of today, 17th April 2020.
Please ensure you stay up to date with any marketplace changes as the situation continues to evolve.
- Insertion fee relief, fee deferral and holiday mode support
- eBay support team is available through their customer service online chat function. You can visit the Seller Centre or Help Hub.
Managing stock, postage and returns
- Buyers now have 21 business days to post a return once they’ve received a return label or a buyer-paid return is accepted
- Sellers now have 5 business days to provide buyer with a refund once item is returned
- Deliveries: Carriers are changing the way they deliver. eBay recommends sellers stop using Signature on Delivery
For updates on carriers, see below.
Keep an eye on eBay Announcements for the latest updates.
It’s business as usual for Catch, although due to delivery delays with carriers, parcels may be delayed up to 7 days.
- Following the New Zealand Government’s latest guidance, anyone can now buy and sell approved essential items in the essential categories during alert level 4.
- All trades must be contactless. Payment must be made via Ping, bank transfer, or Afterpay. You can’t go to the post office or allow the buyer to pick-up.
- Essential items can still be purchased, however delivery may be delayed
- Returns have been extended to 60 days post-delivery