Full Stack Support Engineer – Java
Comestri is a global SaaS company with offices in Sydney, Hong Kong, and London. For over a decade, we have helped retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, and distributors consolidate, orchestrate, and publish product information wherever customers touch their brand.At Comestri, we do things differently. We attribute our success to hiring the best people and ensuring our people enjoy doing what we do in a nurturing and supportive environment. We’re bold, not traditional, and we’re certainly not perfect.
What does the role look like?
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code, contribute to codebase commits.
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, adhering to coding standards)
- Ensure work items are delivered with high quality and on time
- Building and sustaining imperative systems, bringing fresh ideas to improve and expand the current setup
- Work with agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Collaborate with all functions in the business, including Project Management, Implementation, and Technical Writers
Ideal profile and experience?
- Some commercial back-end Java development experience
- Some skills in Relational Database (ideally PostgreSQL) and SQL.
- Experiences with APIs (Restful/SOAP/GraphQL) development and integration.
- Commercial experience writing clean and maintainable code.
- Deployed web applications on the cloud (ideally AWS/Heroku).
- Experience with at least one NoSQL datastore. (MongoDB/DynamoDB/Redis etc.).
You Naturally Live and Breathe our Core Values!
- One Team – You share accountability for delivering team outputs while helping and supporting colleagues in their work. You demonstrate respect for the opinions and views of others. You contribute to an environment where differences are valued and encouraged.
- Creative Freedom – You try new problem-solving, seeking ideas and suggestions from others as appropriate. You challenge the status quo by continuously reviewing personal work processes and questioning traditional or established procedures to make suggested improvements.
- The Experience – You operate from a “best of self” core with characteristics like kindness, compassion, tolerance, and integrity. You hold yourself accountable for outcomes, good and bad. You don’t pass the buck and you take ownership for getting things done. You express sincere gratitude and praise for colleagues and client’s good work and extra effort.
- Client-First – You raise the profile of client issues internally, encourage others to consider the client’s perspective in internal forums. You follow through on client commitments despite time pressures or obstacles. You respectfully challenge decisions when you think they aren’t in the client’s best interest, even when doing so is uncomfortable
We are a Diverse Bunch
We have an opportunity to build a great company and believe that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our clients, partners, colleagues, and our company. We welcome everyone to be part of our story.
We are committed to diversity and welcome applications from people who have a disability, are LGBTIQ+, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.
Comestri not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid, and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. You’ll genuinely have the chance to make a difference and won’t get lost in the crowd.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!